FBC Pendleton will be offering the church parking lot as a distribution site for a food program to benefit Senior Citizens, beginning the week of April 26th. This program is provided through Meals on Wheels of Anderson. See below for details and requirements.
Meals on Wheels – Anderson and Southern Way Catering will be providing meals for the senior population as part of the Emergency Senior Nutrition Program. Requirements do apply – see below for details. This effort is a collaboration of Meals on Wheels – Anderson, Southern Way Catering and private donors, who are working together to feed those in need during the week of April 26th. Together, they are expecting to provide 5,000 meals a week to the senior population in the Anderson area. This is part of a six-week initiative, additional details for remaining weeks to follow.
They will be handing out meals the week of April 26th at the following locations:
- Tuesday, April 28th from 10:30 am – 12:00 pm at Anderson Civic Center, 3027 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd, Anderson, SC
- Tuesday, April 28th from 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm at Pendleton First Baptist, 351 S. Broad Street, Pendleton, SC
- Thursday, April 30th from 10:30 am – 12:00 pm at Homeland Park Water Company, 3231 D L Drive, Anderson, SC
- Thursday, April 30th from 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm at Piedmont Shopping Center, 900 Block of Anderson Road, Powdersville, SC
- Saturday, May 2nd from 10:30 am – 12:00 pm at Belton Honea Path High School, 11000 Belton Honea Path Highway, Honea Path, SC
- Saturday, May 2nd from 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm at Iva Town Square, 103 East Jackson Street, Iva, SC
- Must be a senior citizen (60+) or taking the meal to a senior citizen and be a resident of Anderson County
- Must provide name, address, and phone number at pick-up
- Only two meal packs allowed per car (10 individual meals)
- Individuals are only permitted one pick-up per week
- Each individual must show a state issued ID. If you are picking up a meal for a senior resident, please have their ID with you