Senior Fellowship Coordinator, First Baptist Church of Pendleton
FBC Pendleton is accepting applications for the part-time position of Senior Fellowship Coordinator, a position which requires approximately 8 hours per week. The Senior Fellowship group meets once a week for a period of three hours. The Coordinator will plan and lead the group in various activities as well as coordinate volunteers needed for tasks such as devotions, lunch preparation and cleanup. The coordinator should be imaginative, willing to learn, friendly, compassionate, and able to lead groups in activities appropriate for the abilities and interests of the group. Specific responsibilities are listed below.
- Coordinate volunteers for each session, including volunteers to provide lunch.
- Plan, prepare, and lead activities for each session.
- Set up for and clean up after each session, or coordinate volunteers to do so.
- Lead devotions and prayer, or recruit someone to do so.
- Coordinate and encourage an active prayer ministry and spiritual focus.
- Oversee Senior Fellowship spending; keep accurate financial information; work with church Budget & Finance Committee to recommend changes to the annual budget.
- For an accurate picture of the weekly ministry, keep accurate attendance records for all sessions, including number of volunteers, and number of lunches served.
- Submit quarterly report of the Senior Fellowship ministry, to be included with church conference reports.
- Encourage and coordinate Senior Fellowship participants to handle small weekly tasks, to foster ownership in the ministry.
- Gather and keep current all participant contact and emergency information.
- Check email and another agreed upon contact method regularly and respond in a timely manner to contact by the Personnel Committee, Church staff, or Senior Fellowship volunteers.
Applicants should submit a letter explaining your interest in the position and your qualifications, as well as your resume, to Cheryl Patterson, Chair of Personnel Committee, First Baptist Church of Pendleton, PO Box 187, Pendleton, SC 29670. Applications may be submitted by email to email@example.com.